Red Lander Shorts

I’ve been wearing my Lander shorts almost every single day so I figured I needed another pair. I’ve been trying to use up fabric from my stash so when I came across this leftover fabric from my tulip skirt I decided to use it. Red wouldn’t necessarily be my first choice for shorts but since I was trying out some different things this time around I figured if it didn’t work out it wouldn’t be a big loss if it didn’t work out.

IMG_6766.JPG

I decided I wanted to try the fly front version. At first I thought I’d just get the expansion pack from True Bias but I made so many changes to my pattern already for fit I thought it actually may save me time to just try to hack it myself. I basically just traced the fronts with the fly piece overlapping the fronts, lining up the seam line.

IMG_6778

I followed the True Bias blog tutorial to change the pockets to be internal. I also added just a small amount additional amount of curve to the back of the waistband. Other than that those were the only changes.

IMG_6774

I followed the closet case patterns tutorial for the ginger jeans for installing the fly. I just ignored the steps for topstitching the second row.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s