Bavarian Cable Socks

SURPRISE! Its not sewing! To be honest these socks took me a long time to finish – somewhere between 6 and 9 months… I haven’t really been keeping track but its been way too long. I have also been very busy with other things during this time and not ONLY working on these socks. This is the Bavarian Cable Socks pattern from Socks from the Toe Up. I used Malibrigo Yarn Sock in the Impressionist Sky colorway.

IMG_6382.jpg

This pattern has you do a lot of knitting through the back loop and at one point I got confused about how to knit normally – you can see across the arch where my knit stitches are all messed up. I also messed up some of my counting on the heel resulting in a small hole. I thought about trying to sew it up but I’ve decided it isn’t bothering me that much.

IMG_6390

While I love the finished product I’m not super in love with this book. The bind off instructions are “bind off loosely”. For a book specializing in toe up socks I would expect a stretchy bind off with instructions. If I’m investing in a book I want it to be a true reference. (I ended up using the Interlock Bindoff.)

IMG_6394

I think that my next project will be a sweater but considering how long it took me to make these socks I think a sweater will take years. Right now I think I’m going to make the Brooklyn Tweed Cascades pattern. Thankfully I’ll be using a worsted weight yarn and not fingering weight yarn though. For now I’ll leave you with one more picture of these socks since it will probably be years before my next knitting project is finished!

IMG_6398

Advertisements