White Cheyenne Tunic

I made view B of the Cheyenne tunic by Hey June Patterns. I made a size S bust and graded out to a size M at the hips. I shortened the arms by 2 inches and I shortened the torso by 1 inch (I’m 5′ 1 1/2″). It seems like I probably could have shortened this another inch or two but I’m not sure how long tunics are supposed to be?

fullsizeoutput_15f0.jpeg

I got this white cotton voile fabric from Imagine Gnats. This is pretty much an exact copy of a version by Fleurine from the Sew MarieFleur blog that I saw a while ago and had been stuck in my head ever since. I love that you can see through it but that also makes it a lot harder to wear.

fullsizeoutput_15f1

I love the beach-y vibes that this shirt gives off though I’m not sure how much I’ll be drawn to this top in the Wisconsin winter or fall. However, I definitely want to make a button up shirt version to wear this fall.

fullsizeoutput_15ec

I also love the tabs to keep your sleeves rolled up. Generally you don’t really need them but I think it is a nice detail on this shirt. Also this is my second time making a button placket and it went much better than my first time on my archer popover. This may be my new go-to pattern for when I want to make a popover.

Advertisements

Santa Fe Dress hack!

IMG_5466

This is my first time making a Hey June pattern. This is the Santa Fe Top lengthened to be a dress. I feel like I’ve seen tons of swingy tank-dresses this summer and they always look cute and stylish but also seemed like they would be super comfortable. I used view B of the pattern and lengthened it by 11 inches.

IMG_5464

I love the way it turned out! It ended up being the perfect dress to be able to throw on and have it look cute but still be super comfortable. I also think the seams in the center front and back add a bit of visual interest to this otherwise very simple dress. I’d definitely make this pattern again and there are so many variations so it is a very versitile pattern.

IMG_5458

Overall, I think this was a super fun and quick project to put together. I struggled a bit with the neckline binding – you can see that around the neckline does lay quite right. I’m not sure if that is due to the stretchiness/ lack of stretchiness of my fabric or how to prevent that in the future. I’d also used used my normal sewing machine with a straight stitch for the hem and I’d probably go for the coverstitch machine next time around. The instructions had you just use a straight stitch so I was hoping I could get away with not having to thread my coverstitch machine but next time around I think it would be worth it just to get a little bit smoother of a hem.